Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hi!



First I'll introduce myself. My name is Samantha, I'm a newlywed, and I have 2 awesome cats. I drive a MINI Cooper S, and although that's where I originally got this name (and my old email address 4 years ago) I like everything small. I bought a house almost 2 years ago when I was 21 as an impulse. It's 864 sf, and used to be my grandparents. My grandmother died, and my grandfather quickly remarried and decided to put his first and only house of 56 years on the market. I was apartment shopping the week he made the announcement to sell, so I said SOLD! (of course, my mortgage is $200 less a month than rent, and even repairs haven't come close to costing as much as a 1 bedroom apartment!) A week later I was in a bad car accident, which I am told I may never recover from. My husband and I met on myspace after finding out we were in the same circle of friends. We started dating 4 months later, then moved in together several months after that, and I honestly can't imagine my life without him. We adopted our first cat, Cooper, a week before moving into our home, and our second cat Rupert came 7 months later. It's been a whirlwind of a few years! We're still only 23 and 22, finding out what the world has to offer, and are so blessed to be where we are, and together.

I got my first sewing machine this past Christmas. I also got my prized Kitchenaid mixer for my birthday (I have the most awesome bosses!), so I've been busy learning how to be domesticated :) Though, in reality, he's the one that cooks and cleans all the time. I'm just trying to make it fair. I've baked tons of treats, and made many projects that I never thought to document. So I'm going to try and backtrack and post ones I've already done and hopefully catch up and post current projects. First, I need to pay to be pro on flickr! I've been putting it off for years, and actually started a new flickr just so I could avoid paying. I'm obsessed with photography (ok, I've made 3 flickrs now, I'm bad) so keeping it under 200 photos is impossible.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hopefully you'll get to know me a lot better in the future posts. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment