Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inspiration= 5 Minute Fabulous Bracelet.

I was going through my monthly pile of magazines my mom brings over that she's finished with, when a necklace caught my eye. Then I saw it was at Target! But I wasn't won over by the pricetag of $30. What can I say, I'm cheap. So I decided to make one from my own supplies.
Here's the inspiration. I thought about making out a ribbon necklace like this, but I have way too many necklaces, and pearls are my everyday staple anyhow:
So I ran upstairs and grabbed some of my supplies. We just cleaned up the attic and I saved a few things that could be reworked into new projects. Of them, was an obvious fake engagement ring (I have a growing collection of them, I'm at 4 now) and a plain silver bracelet that I actually sized to my little wrist about 6 (!!!) years ago and never did anything with it. I also had quite a bit of ribbon left over that was used on our wedding favors. I grabbed two pliers to open up the chains, and scissors to cut the ribbon:
And I came up with this. It's edgier, which is more me:



I know the end result isn't much like the original, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment