Saturday, January 9, 2010

We’re Floored!

Upon moving into our house, we immediately wanted to make it a cozy space. One that oozes with Wiltshire style. We wanted fresh paint on every tired wall. We wanted to gut and makeover the bathroom and kitchen to feel minimal, modern, but still functional. In such a small home, this wouldn’t be so easy, but we were determined. We were successful on most of our hopeful endeavors, and many have been pushed back (and pushed back, you know how big renovations go).

The biggest thing we wanted to do, which really wasn’t THAT big at all compared to most of the projects we’ve taken on, was putting carpet in the bedroom and Drew’s Xbox Command Center. See, we’ve both grown up in bedrooms with carpet, so that naturally feels like home. Well, except that one time I was 12 and my cat decided to urinate all over my carpet and we had to tear it up. But other than that, it’s always been carpet. Oh yeah, my first apartment, that was hardwood. But really! Other than that, I wanted some dang carpet in my bedroom! So we decided for Christmas this year (also our 4 year dating anniversary)..:

4yr

That’s us on the left the day we started dating, Christmas 2005. Actually, that was about 2 hours BEFORE we started dating. The one on the right is us now. Where was I? Oh yes, Christmas present! Being married, and older, we get what we want all year and we don’t like to pile up junk in our house. So the only logical thing to do is to invest in a project we’ve put off. For 2 years. CARPET!! Can you just feel the excitement spilling out of your computer screen? I love a good before and after, and I hope you do too.. so without further ado:

545

62 8

And yes, I said Drew’s Xbox Command Center. With me taking over the attic for my seasonal craft room (boy is it COLD up there right now!) he got the spare room turned office turned man cave. It’s only fitting he has the darkest walled room in the house, to keep it all cave-like. I chose carpet that would compliment both that wall color and the furnishings and the bedroom’s colors as well. It’s super plush, soft, and makes both rooms really feel like home. This was easily the best present Drew has ever given me. Well, except himself back in 05 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment