Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cats in the Closet and the Wooden Spoon.

It’s been a rough week at the Wiltshire’s. Our 19.8 lb cat Cooper wasn’t acting like himself lately. He’s normally lazy, but not THIS lazy. Like, hiding in the closet lazy instead of laying on the sofa lazy. He then stopped eating, drinking, and litter-boxing because he wouldn’t get up. We finally took him to the vet and they said he hurt his shoulder ligament. Since he’s a fatty, he probably kept jumping on it and making it worse. Nothing a little pain medicine injection couldn’t help and he’s back to being a very happy cat. And yes, he’s come out of the closet for good. Rupert’s happy about that.

IMG_16442

In even brighter news, my mommy dropped by this weekend with a little surprise. Actually, a big surprise. See, before I realized that these hit the big time, the first time I saw a giant wooden fork and spoon in a dining room, I HAD to have it. Then I googled it, and found out they were becoming hugely popular, and being scooped up like hotcakes at thrift stores. Mommy and I took a trip thrifting and I found a set! But it was more than I wanted to spend, so I passed. Then, the heavens opened up, mommy found a set, and they ended up in my happy little hands. They were dressed up in pretty curly ribbon, and ready to be worshipped in my very own dining room. You know, after we remove the wood panel overload. I plan on painting these to pop off the new wall color.

IMG_1743

Speaking of all this medium brown wood in that room, we finally sold our old dining table and chairs on craigslist last night. The couple was super friendly, and even emailed me after they got home to tell us how much they loved the table! I’m glad it only took months to sell it, and it ends up in a happy home after spending the last several decades in the same room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment