Friday, November 20, 2009

Roomboard: How Alluring.

I was flipping through the stack of magazines my mom passes on to me when she's finished, and thought I'd study up on the latest trends in clothing... to avoid. But this picture from the November issue of Allure caught my eye, and the colors and architecture were love at first sight.


I sat and studied every detail in this picture, because it was all pure perfection to me. And trust me when I say this, that never happens. I guess I was just in an observant mood! The more I looked at it, the more I thought how awesome each detail would look as pieces in a room. Would you expect anything less from me?




Though this doesn't really NEED explanation, so I'll try to keep it short!

The fireplace reminded me of the texture and stone of the road. The painting's designs and colors are pulled from all the colors in the picture, and made me think of the bricks and windows of the buildings. The white vases on the fireplace are shaped like the clouds in the sky, and I used the texture of the clouds to pick out the shag rug. The slipper chair fabric is identical to the red building above the puppy's head. The coffee and side tables were inspired by the buildings colors, windows+window trim, and even the ladders on the buildings. The cowhide pillows were as close as I could get to the pretty coat on the puppy. The wall sconces are so cliche being inspired by her earrings, but hey, it works. Keeping with the outfit inspirations, those hot black leather gloves she's wearing translated to the sleek Ikea sofa. The table lamps look exactly like where the sidewalk meets the brick road, and the big elephant in the room: wall color from the sky! I chose Harbor by Behr. I picked it by eyeballing swatches online with the magazine spread, and was shocked to find it was almost dead on to the picture once I uploaded it!

I almost wish I had another room to design to make this happen. Oh, please, someone want this so I can do eeeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment